Family Law

Holly Martin

My Ex-Husband Stopped Paying Child Support. What can I do?

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: January 24, 2018

My husband and I divorced five years ago. We have two daughters, who are 14 and 16, and a son, who’s 20. I have full custody. For the first three years, my ex-husband paid child support. But two years ago, he stopped paying support. I need that money to take care of my children. Is… Read More

Holly Martin

Can My Husband and I Separate but Not Get Divorced?

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: October 24, 2017

My husband and I agree we need to separate. We’re fighting all the time and it’s hurting our three children. The thing is, we don’t want to get divorced. I receive great healthcare coverage through his job, and he also has good death benefits. If he dies, I would get a small regular payment that… Read More

Holly Martin

Common Law Marriage Spouse Death, With No Will

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: June 10, 2016

My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 or 7 years she was disabled and she passed away 3 days ago. What legal rights do I have? Am I entitled to anything such as money? I’ve been taking care of her for 7 years of my life, helping her in every aspect of her life. Am… Read More

Eric Backstrom

How is Custody Decided?

Author: Eric Backstrom|Posted on: May 4, 2015

Who is most likely to get custody when parents divorce? The answer might surprise you. Today, courts ask which parent is more likely to provide a safe, loving and stable home life for the child. They do not automatically grant custody to the mother, nor does one parent’s significantly higher income improve their odds with… Read More

Holly Martin

Parents’ Rights During a DHS Interview

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: April 19, 2015

What are the rights of parents during a DHS interview? This is a very broad question that cannot be answered easily. Parents have Constitutional rights that too often over zealous DHS workers ignore. If DHS is investigating a complaint against you I strongly urge you to retain an attorney to represent you and put DHS… Read More

Holly Martin

Can I File Emergency Ex-Parte for Guardianship of My Minor Daughter

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: March 22, 2015

Can I file an emergency ex-parte or some other request for guardianship of my minor daughter in Sebastian County? I have been custodial parent since 2000, I am the mom of the very recently turned 17 year old. Her and I have resided in Arkansas for over 2 years. Dad has supervised visits from previous kidnapping… Read More

Holly Martin

I Have Full Rights. Mother Now Wants Rights as Well

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: March 22, 2015

I’ve been a father on my own for seven years and received full custody for my children two years ago. Now their mother wants rights. However, she got in trouble for meth and I don’t want my children in danger. Arkansas Courts deal very harshly with parents that are convicted of illegal activities. You state that you received… Read More

Holly Martin

I Currently Have Joint Custody. Can I get full custody?

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: February 17, 2015

We have joint custody with the mother designated as primary custodial parent. (Not sure what that means). But, she has gone back to her old ways and is now not communicating with me and my daughter is going through a lot of serious behavioral issues. Can I seek full legal custody of my daughter? If… Read More

Holly Martin

Can My Ex-Husband Voluntarily Sign Over Rights Because He Doesn’t Want to Pay Child Support?

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: February 17, 2015

I’ve been divorced for 4 years and my husband has had no contact with us and has not paid child support. He had his attorney Contact me saying he wants to relinquish his rights for the sole reason of not wanting to pay child support. I met with my attorney that said unless there is… Read More

Holly Martin

Can a Father That Has Been Incarcerated for Child Pornography Get Visitation?

Author: Holly Martin|Posted on: December 28, 2014

Can a father that has been incarcerated since child was 4 weeks old and charged with child pornography get visitation? We were not married and paternity has not been established. He gets out in two months and is going to fight me for visitation and establish paternity. He has prior conviction of aggravated robbery and… Read More

Update in response to Coronavirus

Your team at Martin Attorneys, PA is happy to meet with you, our clients or prospective clients by phone, Skype, or in person.

To schedule an appointment, please use the form below to arrange a meeting time and method convenient for you or call us now at 479-872-5500. We look forward to serving you!

Contact Us

Schedule Your Free Visit

Appointments are available Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.